OverviewEnterprise Products is installing a reactor charge heater in a new facility to refine and dehydrogenate propane. Bowen is a subcontractor to AMEC Foster Wheeler for the project. Project Challenges:
- Bowen is working as a subcontractor on a single part of a much larger prime contract. Coordination on site is key.
- It is a challenge finding available and capable craft in a crowded labor market.
- Bowen value engineered a method to set the tall ductwork walls, by supporting them with a temporary support system.
- Bowen designed and executed a plan to support vertical tubes in the ductwork that enabled the refractory subcontractor to start work earlier and create schedule gains.
- Bowen was delayed on construction start due to delayed civil work from a different contractor. Bowen has since found and made up the lost schedule time.
- Outside of contract requirements Bowen assisted AMEC Foster wheeler with tracking and documentation around materials receiving.
- Bowen is on schedule for delivery and has had Zero Incidents / Zero Injuries. Both the owner and the prime contractor report positive experiences working with Bowen.