Bowen teamed with WorleyParsons for the EPC delivery of an SCR system at NRG’s Sayreville, NJ facility. The system uses aqueous ammonia injection from Envirokinetics to reduce NOx emissions.
- Delay in contract award, and utility delays required a tight construction schedule that was compressed by 6 months.
- Hurricane Sandy occurred between bid date and start of construction. The team had to adapt to fluid regulatory requirements driven by major hurricane damage to the area. A portion of construction took place within a tidal zone.
- Project construction included 52 critical lifts within 10’ of overhead power lines and 2’ of new PDC buildings and transformers.
- Rotating, loading and transporting of each duct section took place in a tight and congested laydown area.
- Bowen worked with WorleyParsons proactively throughout the design phase of the project to bring constructability feedback to the project, and manage schedule impacts.
- Bowen used partners and vendors from across the country to provide the owner with the best possible value on the project, and took special attention to build a relationship with and collaborate proactively with local Unions.
- Bowen employed a Bowen Consulting Group custom built transporter
Bowen was able to compress the schedule and successfully adapt to a very compacted construction schedule.
In addition to normal project controls procedures, Bowen worked with NRG to provide a custom monthly summary report that outlined schedule, safety, quality, and cost metrics that were most important to the owner.
Project has hit all major milestone completion dates, and remains on schedule for on-time delivery. There have been Zero Injuries on the project.
AISC completed a 2 day audit of the site to renew a Bowen Certification. Bowen was awarded th certification with no corrective action requests, and the auditor noted he was impressed with the Bowen Team.Project Scope:
- Site Work
- Civil/Concrete Work
- Underground Piping
- Structural Steel Erection
- Equipment Setting
- SCR catalyst reactor and vertical ductwork
- 208 auger cast piles
- 1,251CY of concrete foundations
- 211 tons of structural steel
- 93 tons of reinforcing steel
- 3,676 LF of stainless steel piping associated with the SCR process
- (4) 120’ high units
- 5 major duct sections ea.
- 250,000 lbs ea.
- 52 critical lifts
- 500 tons of ductwork
- 13,500 outage craft hours